Out of Touch - Explanation

All things not relating to the other forums.
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Out of Touch - Explanation

Post by ExpeditionImports »

On 11/1/2013 I ended up on the floor at home with a nasty case of viral entercolitis. When the first round of blood work came back at ER they admitted me and started me on 5 different antibiotic treatments. My white cell count was off the charts. The same night that I was admitted we received word that Kathy’s mom had been life flighted from Worland, WY to Billings, MT with a stroke. It was decided that I was in better shape and Kathy took an emergency flight to Billings.

Over the next 4 days they ran most tests that they could and still could not find the exact cause but based upon the scans and bloodwork it appeared the antibiotic cocktails were working. On Wednesday morning I had gotten up at the hospital and was in the bathroom when a monster blood clot pumped thru my heart and lodged as a “saddle” pulmonary embolism in my lungs. My Ox Sats started dropping and due to an alert pulmonologist the diagnosis was made rapidly and they began me on clot busters/blood thinners. My o2 satuation in my blood was very low as the clots were blocking the interchange of oxygen in the lungs. Kathy was called and told I was touch and go and she promptly caught an emergency flight back to see me. Meanwhile her mother had been stabilized in Billings.
On Saturday night an additional clot broke loose (some question as to where the clots were coming from and it seems to be pointing to the initial reason I came in,) and this clot decided to make my heart go into atrial fibrillation. I was shifted to ICU and additional measures were taken to thin my blood, stop the clots, and now restart my heart beat to a proper beat.

On 11/13/2013 I was discharged from the hospital to recoup at home. The blood clots will slowly dissolve in my lungs and I am already seeing gains in lung function and o2 saturation. On Saturday Kathy flew back to Billings to participate in a stroke recovery program with her mother prior to us moving her out to our home in the next 3-4 weeks.

Needless to say, Brian has been doing a great job of trying to hold the shop together, but I am sure some of your inquires have fallen thru the cracks as there is a good 3 weeks where I have not been answering my emails. I am currently doing a few hours a day at the shop, but it is going to be a couple of weeks before we are back 100%.

If you are currently waiting on something or have an unanswered email, please send it over again as my priority is to get us squared with customers that had issues while we have been out.

On a personal note, as a 38 year old father and husband……please take the time to hug your kids/family as life can throw some nasty curveballs really fast. Makes you appreciate the things you use to take for granted.

Sincerely,

Scott Ingham
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."
19D20

Re: Out of Touch - Explanation

Post by 19D20 »

Man, you're too young to get that sick.
I'm glad I didn't call you with my trivial starter question as most posters told me to.
Thanks for the past help, and hope you get well soon.
Andrew(Arbor Forestry)
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

As I said on the other forum.....take your time...get fully well before you start pushing hard again.......I'm sure that customers like me can wait a while for their parts......if the upside is that you get back on form and continue to be there when needed.
Aiming to introduce UK Politicians to Piano wire and Lamposts!
Pinzgauer Pete

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

GOD bless you Scott, praying that you recover with no furthur complications. Take your time and ease slowly back into work, I hope all is well with your mother in law as well.
life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which one you might get

710M
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Post by EmbarkChief »

Wow, take it easy there man. Thanks for the update and take care of yourself. Family comes first.
-1972 710M
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Hi Scott,
As said by others already, take care of yourself and your family first, then business.
This kind of message, reaching out to customers, reflects your constant care for them (and by "them" I mean "us").
Thanks a lot, and I wish you and your mother-in-law a fast and complete recovery!
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

My thoughts go out to you and your family for a full recovery. Take care of yourself and those close to you.
Your parts are the most important...I am sure that ours can hold off for a bit.

Thanks for letting us know of your issues, it is thoughtful, when you are so beset with personal cares.

Morris
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

Scott I wish you and yours a full and speedy recovery. Your attention and concern for your customers is admirable however your health should come first, please don’t push yourself too soon.
Best Wishes…
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
captxmas

Post by captxmas »

Scott,
You have always been a loyal friend to all of us. Take care of yourself and the family.I'm right here I the south bay area if there is anything I can do to help you or the shop.

John
Capt Xmas
cascade.king

Post by cascade.king »

Feel better and take it easy Scott!
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
blackstack
United States of America

Post by blackstack »

Hope you are 100 percent soon !!

Bob and Merran Gray
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Always scary when the answers aren't immediately forthcoming. Good luck with your full recovery and a shout out to your wife...she must have been in a world of hurt between you and her mother.

Dave
1972 710m
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

Scott
Hope you get better and things settle down for you so you can enjoy the holidays coming with family.

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck
1987 718M Now Sold
1975 Volvo TGB1111 Now Sold
1973 Pinzgauer 712M x2 Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
westernair
United States of America

Post by westernair »

Scott,
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Your family is in our prayers. God speed in both of your recoveries.
Shawn, Karen and Jared
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
Buzz
United States of America

Post by Buzz »

Scott,
I'm very glad to hear you pulled through. That was a very dangerous situation and your on the small side of the statistics.

On your Mother in Law, I hope her recovery goes well. Unfortunately, both my Mother and my Mother in Law were stroke survivors. She will need all the support you can give.

Best wishes to all. And thanks, as always, for your support to the Pinz community. - Buzz (Joe Wellman)
"It's as stupid and wonderful as owning a pet elephant."
1974 Pinzgauer 710M
1990 Puch G Wagon 230 GE