GauerGarage West Virginia

All things not relating to the other forums.
TechMOGogy
Canada

GauerGarage West Virginia

Post by TechMOGogy »

Interesting site - sale prices seem a bit steep
Looks like they are just getting it all online!
http://gauergarage.com/
and
https://www.facebook.com/gauergarage
Anyone know about it?
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
cascade.king

Re: GauerGarage West Virginia

Post by cascade.king »

Well.. I'm not sure I'm a fan of calling them "Gauers."

But I own a "Linger" so my vote doesn't count.
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

Didn't see many examples of custom work other than one bumper on the 712. The 710 didn't even have hub steps let alone front body bolts where the bumper halves were supposed to be mounted. Time will tell.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

cascade.king wrote:Well.. I'm not sure I'm a fan of calling them "Gauers."

But I own a "Linger" so my vote doesn't count.
This is my 4th instance of seeing/hearing them referred to as Gauers. The first 3 were all current US Military members, one of whom told me that's what they were called in the Army. I prefer Pinz. :wink:
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Yay to strong web page creation, fonts and overpriced trucks
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
Bruce Berger

Post by Bruce Berger »

Pinzgauer diminutives

Pinny - British English
Penny - Australian English
Pinzi - German
Pinz - American English
Gauer - U.S. Army

I think I got these right. It comes from observation of the Pinzgauer lists over the years.

I made connections with someone at work who was in the U.S. Army special forces that is looking for a Pinzgauer. That was the first time I ever heard them called 'Gauers. He only referred to them as 'Gauers.

Personally, I'm partial to Pinzi.
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

In French it is "Pinz" as well.

The GauerGarage website looks pretty good.

However I am curious about this mention: "For ‘Gauer or Range Rover, we provide services to spruce up your suspension".
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

GenevaPinz wrote:In French it is "Pinz" as well.

The GauerGarage website looks pretty good.

However I am curious about this mention: "For ‘Gauer or Range Rover, we provide services to spruce up your suspension".
I agree that it "looks" good and I know they are just starting up but the site is hard to navigate.
If your looking for parts it takes you to another site with no way to get back to the original site and as stated some of the fonts are a bit much.
What I wonder is, what are their plans for the parts section? They have it all laid out and ready so perhaps they have purchased some massive warehouse of parts?? It also looks like they are building a massive building!
Will be interesting to see where it ends up - I always find it amazing that people do things like this but don't 'advertise' ie. not sure they even know this forum exists?
Perhaps there are dozens of 'gauers' in WV so they already have their customer base :roll:
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

TechMOGogy wrote:I agree that it "looks" good and I know they are just starting up but the site is hard to navigate.
If your looking for parts it takes you to another site with no way to get back to the original site and as stated some of the fonts are a bit much.
What I wonder is, what are their plans for the parts section? They have it all laid out and ready so perhaps they have purchased some massive warehouse of parts?? It also looks like they are building a massive building!
Will be interesting to see where it ends up - I always find it amazing that people do things like this but don't 'advertise' ie. not sure they even know this forum exists?
Perhaps there are dozens of 'gauers' in WV so they already have their customer base :roll:
Yes, I didn't want to read too much into a website that is clearly still a work in progress. You are right that the online shop has lots of (so far empty) sections, and the map of their stores made me smile: it shows what could be described as "several locations conveniently situated in South Florida / Greater Metro Dade area", so clearly a template that hasn't been changed (yet). But the suspension bit is not part of the template, hence my curiosity (inching towards doubt...).
Also, I'm not sure the "Expert support team" will answer my portal hub spares and winch remote questions if I dial 0123-456-789... :lol:
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

GenevaPinz wrote:Yes, I didn't want to read too much into a website that is clearly still a work in progress. You are right that the online shop has lots of (so far empty) sections, and the map of their stores made me smile: it shows what could be described as "several locations conveniently situated in South Florida / Greater Metro Dade area", so clearly a template that hasn't been changed (yet). But the suspension bit is not part of the template, hence my curiosity (inching towards doubt...).
Also, I'm not sure the "Expert support team" will answer my portal hub spares and winch remote questions if I dial 0123-456-789... :lol:
Looks like they are using the proven methods of borrowing code from other web sites to build theirs. As is mentioned it is a work in progress and looks pretty good so far.

As to the stores in South Florida I doubt Pinzgauer parts will be shipping from these Home Depot stores. :lol:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
compunerdy
United States of America

Post by compunerdy »

They are not borrowing code.. The store is powered by prestashop ecommerce software and it probably comes with that little script and they have just not set it up correctly yet.
Tim
1975 710K
cascade.king

Post by cascade.king »

"Welcome to the new Gauer Garage website! There will be many changes made in the near future, so make sure you bookmark the website and stop by for updates.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat."
Mike
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

I wonder if the offroad park is the same one associated with the off road driving school at the Greenbrier resort? If so that would be a pretty fun weekend.
Jim Chance
710M

All my post fully incorporate the Dunning-Kruger effect
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

cascade.king wrote:"Welcome to the new Gauer Garage website! There will be many changes made in the near future, so make sure you bookmark the website and stop by for updates.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat."

Let's see what loves or pursues or desires the pain, but because occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it. "

Ya don't say :lol:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
cascade.king

Post by cascade.king »

Well, they have made their presence known in the classified section, haven't they..
What, no introductions?
Mike