Massachusetts Insurance

All things not relating to the other forums.
edzz
United States of America

Re: Massachusetts Insurance

Post by edzz »

So David, would SoCal MogFest be trail rides?
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Mogfest was an event I was thinking of when I did ask a Hagerty agent the question ( and remember wording is important), and basically it is an organized event and has many "safe" trails, and there are those that were formed by flash floods... go back to the last post, "due diligence".. if you do something stupid, be responsible, fix it with your money, don't submit a claim! It is those claims why insurance companies hate 'offroad' vehicles in general and rather not insure them at all. In my eyes, insurance is for on road and for true accidents.
Remember if an insurance company see a lot of claims with a type of vehicle, they'll stop insuring them.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Thomas-E

Post by Thomas-E »

Some Ideas on Insurance

Most important is the vehicle name/brand...Steyr, this seems to be what is known
by the insurance companies.

I took my 712 to my insurance agent so that she could SEE it, lets the agent see just
what it is, and how big it is. I described it as a VW bus on steroids, she looked in the Cab and said it's like her VW bus..you sit on the fender. :shock:

Here in California you want it listed as Utility Vehicle! Non Commercial plates. :wink:

If you have other insurance with the agent (Home-owner, other vehicles... )
they are more helpful. :P

She took pictures of the truck (to show its' current condition) and looked at the bill of sale, $19,000 which included several updates which included an EI winch bumper, EI Steps (keeps the wife happy) and 7 New BFG tires.

I now have it insured for Full Coverage for the bill of sale price and no use restrictions of any kind with Allstate insurance, total per 6 months $297.97 .
Thomas E.
Sonora, CA
712 Camper
[img][url]M:\avatar\DSCN0010%20(Custom).JPG[/url][/img]