I've learned so much here.....Maybe I can do a favor for you

All things not relating to the other forums.
captxmas

I've learned so much here.....Maybe I can do a favor for you

Post by captxmas »

Have any of you heard of the Military Vehicle Technology Foundation?

Back story:

In short there was a VERY wealthy man who lived in the hills above Redwood City, Ca. ( San Francisco Peninsula). He had an addictive habit of collecting Tanks and military vehicles from many nations and restoring them with a team of both paid and unpaid volunteers. He has the only fully restored operational Panzer tank in the world. Three years ago he died of cancer at the unfortunate young age of 57. His group established a 501 3(c) charity and has been giving tours of the facility which included over 300 tanks and about 150 other vehicles including two full equipped scud missile launchers (with missiles) and a North Korean mobile air defense radar truck. I only know because of friends who volunteer there and a 4 hour tour this past week.

Now for all of you:

After the death of the collector, his family wants to let go all the vehicles. 200 tanks have already been transported off the property and are being donated to a Museum in Mass. Another 80 vehicle are promised to a new museum opening in mid 2016. The remainder of the vehicles are going to auction in the next few weeks. (Hush, don't tell everyone) There are a number of opportunities including several Ferrats, Hummers, early Mrap looking vehicles and foreign vehicles that I am not familiar with.

Information may be acquired through their website which has additional contact information: www.MVTF.org

I'll try and post a few pics of vehicles that may be of interest. I didn't see any Pinz's or 303 but there were several Duce and a half looking rigs of several vintages as well as half tracks.
Capt Xmas
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Re: I've learned so much here.....Maybe I can do a favor for

Post by EmbarkChief »

The sheer number of vehicles in that collection is impressive. So many unique and fascinating vehicles. Wish I had 50K to drop.
-1972 710M
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Hopefully Dave doesnt see this.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

I buy one more thing and you'll need to add this line below yours at the top of the page for me... or better yet , instead of. :mrgreen:

My collection isn't free for me to keep up. Please donate securely with Paypal.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
captxmas

Post by captxmas »

OK I'm back....wanted to post a few pictures but got confused. Then said I'll bet there is a better source than I could ever portray. Please enjoy the Official Auction Guide for this sale coming up on July 10, 11, 12.

Check the link: http://auctionsamerica.com/catalog/2014/LC14/

So much I wish I could own........

Side note. The Scud "A" rocket launcher was required by the Fed's to remove 3 of 12 critical components to be accepted into this country for a private collector. Two Years later, the collector imported a Scud "B" and was provided the same list and told to remove three of the critical components again. This time the group removed three different parts. So............. Yep you guessed it. Between the two there is one complete, working launch and rocket system. Those Feds. Smart guys, ya' know.
Capt Xmas
cascade.king

Post by cascade.king »

I remember Jaques Littlefield on the TV show Mythbusters, when he let the boys use his M551 and M113 to try to tear a phone book in half.
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

I'd take the ferret, the Dukw or the smaller boat/vehicle. Estimates are WAYYYY too high
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

MAV (GAZ-46) please
then when they ask if it floats I can finally say YES! :mrgreen:
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

audiocontr wrote:I'd take the ferret, the Dukw or the smaller boat/vehicle. Estimates are WAYYYY too high
Most the prices seems very conservative. Some of the Euro armor is going for those prices in Europe before you even think of import forms or the actual shipping. Shermans always bring big money.... I'd be happy with a M119 or M777 for GG :D
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)