A hello and introduction

All things not relating to the other forums.
aclark79
United States of America

A hello and introduction

Post by aclark79 »

Hello everyone, my name is Aaron.

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself, I've been lusting after a Volvo C303 or a TGB 1111 for a few years now, I think I've watched every youtube video on them. I'm here to learn more about maintaining and operating them... I've got lots of time to kill at the job, so why not make good use of my time!

Anyway, hello!
undysworld
Norway

Re: A hello and introduction

Post by undysworld »

Hi Aaron, and welcome to the forum.

It took me about 3 years to concoct a logical reason and convince myself I needed a Pinz. Good luck on your search.
aclark79
United States of America

Post by aclark79 »

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm pretty sure I'd have a hard time justifying a C303 to anyone other than myself or anyone here on this board!

I'm in that place where I'm now in the market, but also not in a rush, so I'll just keep looking and waiting for a good model to come up for sale.
Brickren
United States of America

Post by Brickren »

Hello. I was able to get rid of my jeep, 4x4 3/4 ton pickup, and farmall tractor. Cleaned up the yard nice and unloaded 3 money pits. Now I can take more ppl for rides at same time And I was able to get my wife to drive it yesterday. Taught her to change gears. She finally has something that made her want to try. So I hope there is some justification there. Brian.
1975 710M
2000 Ural Tourist
aclark79
United States of America

Post by aclark79 »

That does sound like pretty good reasons to me.

My toyota 4x4 has been fun, but it's been a money sink....

So I'll be saving money right?
Brickren
United States of America

Post by Brickren »

Well, I don't know anything about that. It's just that my money just goes into one hole instead of three, haha. But I get a lot out of my Pinz than I get out of the other three combined.
1975 710M
2000 Ural Tourist
landy

Post by landy »

Don't buy a Pinz to save money! But they are a lot of fun and way cooler than most 4x4s.
63rover
Canada

Post by 63rover »

If you compare a Pinzgauer to a Jeep or Land Rover with lockers etc added to get them close to the base Pinz specs then a Pinz is a great bargin! Add portal axles and there is no contest. Maintenance is not difficult if you have some aptitude. A good source of local mechanics to work on it would be your local farm equipment dealer. Puch also made tractors that were brought over. Good luck with the search.

-Clive
Brickren
United States of America

Post by Brickren »

I spent a lot of money on my jeep and it still wasn't as capable as my Pinz. Plus I can haul a whole gaggle of kids. No radiators to get plugged up or puncture. Deeper water fording. About same heat. Haha. Same speed. More smiles. Did I mention hauling whole gaggle of kids?
1975 710M
2000 Ural Tourist
aclark79
United States of America

Post by aclark79 »

Thanks for all the reply's guys, it does make a person feel welcome.

I love my toyota truck..... but.... if I took all the price I paid to buy it, plus the price to fix it when it's broken and the price to fix the items installed on it, the wiring mess, etc etc... well I could easily have gotten a cherry C303 and lots of accessories and still gotten a cheap civic or something for a drive around town or visit the parents car...

So maybe it wouldn't have saved me money, but it would have been money better spent. Hindsight is 20/20 and having a truck and a C303 (or a pinz) won't be a bad thing. Now it's just a matter of when not if.