Napa earthquake

All things not relating to the other forums.
totaljoint

Napa earthquake

Post by totaljoint »

Scott,
Hope you and the new EI survived without damage! :shock:
Ed
Profpinz
Australia

Re: Napa earthquake

Post by Profpinz »

I hope all you guys (and your families and Pinzgauer's of course) in the earthquake area are OK and came through unscathed
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

Hi Guys,

Family, friends, and all local Pinz/Mog owners that I know of are OK. Looks like lots of physical/propety damage, but in terms of people damage not so bad.

Our new facility that we are in the midst of renovating took a pretty good hit. We lost our brick chimney off the office building and a section of brick warehouse will have to be removed and rebuilt. (Currently teetering and close to collapse.)

We will be fine, just going to take some time to get back on our feet.

Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Good to hear you and family are OK.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Bumber

Post by Bumber »

I've been trying to get in touch with Scott for about 3 weeks, way prior to the earthquake. I sent him a private message expressing that I was glad everyone is okay, but to please respond to phone calls or e-mails. He basically told me to jump in a lake.

Scott from EI said this:

"I think SAV would be a better fit for you........ Good luck in your Pinzgauer endeavors.

Cheers,

Scott"

Considering that I've only expressed my need to buy parts, and the fact that I have some questions to ask him prior to placing my order, I will be posting my review of Scott's business practices on other forums that I visit more frequently than I visit this one.
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Harold,

2 Days after an earthquake that destroyed a portion of our new facility I receive this:

"It's nice to know that you are all ok. Now please return some calls and e-mails. Your customers are all going to prefer SAV because you won't ever return a call, answer the phone, or return an e-mail. I have been waiting to buy parts from you, but I will most likely buy them from SAV because it's been 3 weeks and you have not responded to numerous e-mails, calls, and messages."

I Responded: "I think SAV would be a better fit for you........ Good luck in your Pinzgauer endeavors.

Cheers,

Scott"

That is the entirety. I truly meant it, right know SAV is a great option for you. We are dealing with relocation, mogfests, earthquake, etc. Harold, bottom line you want someone to armchair your repair, and spoon feed you your parts list. The parts manuals itemize your parts, learn to use them.

Post up the same questions here that you were asking me via email. You want the easy button, and unfortunately I don't have the time. Your requests got prioritized below other requests. Sorry that isn't what you want to hear, but it is the truth. Give Willy or Sarah a call and get your technical questions and parts list answered along with your order. My guess is you don't want to go down that road as in past conversations you were not pleased with there lack of tech support/knowledge.

It is what it is. And yes you can destroy me on the internet as you mentioned when I called you to tell you to give SAV a call.

Cheers,

Scott
Vallejo, California
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Back on topic
Your new building damaged - while a PITA and likely $$ - is all repairable and replaceable - glad your and yours are safe and healthy!
Cheers,
Dan
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Bumber

Post by Bumber »

Interesting. I completely understand that you are busy. And I sympathize over your troubles. But you have time to play around on the internet, make phone calls to harass people who might be cash-spending customers (Harold), but no time to answer technical questions so that a client might spend money with you? Wow. FYI ... text messages are flying all over the place. I got them from three people within the last 30 minutes. One person said to "give him another chance", while two said to use someone else.

Good luck with that Scott. Pinzgauer owners can get along without Scott. But can Scott get along without Pinzgauer owners?

I've spoken to numerous Pinzgauer owners who were upset that Scott is too busy to actually conduct his business like anyone else. He prefers only a select few friends as clients. I get it. That's okay. You should post it on your website.

Best of luck Scott. (Oh, and I'm not "Harold". :) ... but I know him. He was one of the three.
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Bumber,

Anybody who witnessed Harold's antics and expulsion probably might have noticed how unproductive it is to alienate members of, and vendors to, a small community.

After twelve years here, it seems to me as if probably everybody who sells Pinz parts has had some customer who felt mistreated. Many times there were apparently two sides to the story. Scott has publicly defended himself here before, and seems to be willing to lose a customer if he can't solve their particular demand/s. Seems to me that's his perogative, just as it is yours to buy from other vendors.

Jumping into the middle of a thread about a natural disaster that many members are living in the midst of, to complain about a vendor, seems pretty cold to me. Your comments would perhaps be better received if you started your own thread about your concerns, with a relevant title.

Nobody wants to see Vince to cull the herd when things get out of hand, as Harold experienced.

To All,

Condolences on your losses. Good luck picking up the pieces.
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Hi Guys,

Not quite following "As the World Turns Pinzgauer..." However, Bumber IS HAROLD re-incarnated. Harold was upset that I was not returning his correspondence. I called him right after I sent him the message that he would be better served by another vendor. He told me he had received my PM and was going to make sure Everyone on the internet knew how I treated customers........ I called the number for Harold, that he left me on voicemail.

As he referenced my direct PM from Real4x4, a few minutes earlier, I'm pretty sure it's a match. Regardless, the beauty of a free economy is choice. We do the best we can, but I will be the first to say we are NOT a great fit for everyone. If you are extremely needy, feel entitled, lazy, or just plain rude we won't get along. I came thru a Maritime Academy and have the mouth of a sailor and the character flaw of telling someone how I feel versus just biting my tongue. My issues, not anyone elses.

Getting nasty with me, telling me you are going to bad mouth me on the internet, when we truly are doing the best we can under our own circumstances is not going to get you anywhere.....

I am responsible for my companies actions. I respect and appreciate our customers, if you are not willing to give us some of that same respect and understanding back, don't bother taking up my time.....

Respectfully,

Scott
Vallejo, California
cascade.king

Post by cascade.king »

Hear hear!
My buddy in Orinda posted his home security footage, and the noise of the quake was really something. It sounded like a train rolled through the yard. He came out unscathed, but I know how badly others were effected.
Good luck with the rebuild!
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I am truly saddened by the effects of a quake and the loss a business can take. I have had dealings with Scott for years and have not had a time when he was not helpful and eager to connect and be a positive entity to the Pinzgauer community. There were times when he has directed me to SAV as that was the easiest and most direct route to solving my part requirements. I never took this as a slight, only a vendor attempting to get me the help I needed at the time.
Threatening to do harm through the internet to a business had better be well founded and not the effects of a mood of a particular person, as it only serves to point out the nastier side of the one complaining.

There is no point of origin of the person complaining and it seems that there are only 3 posts from this person which indicates to me that there is not much personal experience with these type of vehicles or the relevant issues of obtaining parts of possibly 40 year old machines.

Scott is much gentler, kinder than I would have been to the individual as I also have a sailors mouth and for my advanced years far less patience with fools.

Support the vendors, they are all that we have.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
captxmas

Post by captxmas »

Scott,

You and the company have been there for me as both a provider and a friend with knowledge. When available, you have always been there to answer my novice questions, and as I have learned to trust my 710 and my own skills supported me with ideas and parts.

Ok, enough of the drama.

In regards to the EQ. If you need another pair of hands to help move, sort, stack and rebuild just holler. I'm in the South Bay and can be there almost anytime. PM me for anything I can do to help!
Capt Xmas
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

Scott I hope you manage to get back to business as usual soon.

You have always been an asset to the Pinzgauer community and it pains us when Mother Nature attacks one of our own.

Don’t let the internet trolls have any effect on you.

Best wishes.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Glad to here suffering was minimal(to include customer harassment). Thanks for shipping my parts out. Drop me an Email, I want to make sure you got paid for what you sent as I may have received goods that weren't on the invoice.

I'd also like to add a big thank you from all pinzgauer owners as if it weren't for you and your company, The pinzgauer parts game would be a one player monopoly. Not good for any owner.

Thanks again.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com