Looking for a good Pinzgauer mechanic in SoCal

All things not relating to the other forums.
Jake2015
United States of America

Looking for a good Pinzgauer mechanic in SoCal

Post by Jake2015 »

Looking to find a good mechanic who could check out a Pizgauer before I purchase it. Any recommendations?
krick3tt

Re: Looking for a good Pinzgauer mechanic in SoCal

Post by krick3tt »

Check the site for Jim L. He is the go to man. He posts here often.

http://www.goatwerks.com/tech.htm
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Jake2015
United States of America

Post by Jake2015 »

Thanks
Facebook: Southwest Pinzgauer
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Jim is the man!
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

Jim LaGuardia is the best. Not only does he fix them, he understands WHY they work the way they do and how to fix them properly.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
nicholastanguma
United States of America

Post by nicholastanguma »

Jim LaGuardia is definitely your man for SoCal. Alternately, if for some reason you can't get his work due to a backlog or something, and you're willing to travel all the way up to NorCal, then Expedition Imports in the San Fran Bay Area is who you want.
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

Worth your money to have someone who knows a Pinzgauer to check it out. Some of the stuff we have been seeing is a little disconcerting. Jim is in So Cal and knows more than just a little about Pinzgauers. I even heard he sometimes works on Haflingers. Chances are Jim knows the truck or a little history on it. You can't catch everything on an inspection but there is plenty to look for and avoid. We inspect every single vehicle in person now days. What is one person's runner is another person's death trap or money pit.

Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."
Jorgo

Post by Jorgo »

Another strong recommendation for Jim LaGuardia.

I am a mechanical misantthrope with two awesome 712's. Knowing Jim's experience and talent is within 120 miles - or many times, just a phone call away, with his willingness to field the most idiotic questions from me and take the time from his work to dole out directions and advice has afforded me a huge peace of mind over the last four years- thank you Jim

Jake, FWIW- AAA has a platinum membership that - should you experience a breakdown, allows you four 100 mile tows per year , with one of those up to 200 miles. Per member. I can't remember exactly how much but I want to say it's around 150 pr yr.
( not that I, or any member would ever take advantage of this for anything other than a roadside breakdown, as per the contract, of course. But they always seem to strand me somewhere 20 miles from home- just inside the 100 mi. mark )
When the pinz's have anything that requires Jims attention, they get a flatbed "limo" door to door.

Best of Luck Jake. I remember the lust-like anticipation and seeming eternity between the moment you decide to buy a Pinz and start researching and the moment you get behind the wheel of your own. It never goes away. I still can't believe that every morning I get to choose which pinz i'll drive to work, and sometimes I feel guilty that my first lust-love, the G wagen hasn't been driven in weeks...

Cheers!

Jorgo
Jorgo

24 TIRES
'73 712M
'74 712M
'04 G500
'07 Range Rover

"Those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
By those who could not hear the music"
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

This is always a good read as well, if looking at a Pinz for the 1st itme: http://madscientisthut.com/sdp-pin/html ... klist.html

And while Jim and Scott the "ones" in CA - looks like your in AZ so check out the boys over at SWPA: http://www.swpinzgauer.org/
And their go to mechanic is in Phoenix - Tony Grant
If you end up getting one and taking it to AZ
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker