After a long hiatus......finally!!!!

All things not relating to the other forums.
Pinzgauer Pete

After a long hiatus......finally!!!!

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

Its been quite awhile for me now..this last year after having broken my ankle in 3 different ways and being home unable to do very much of anything..I am happy to report that I am finally on the mend. My beloved pinz spent a year sad and neglected..batteries were dead and unable to be charged and even after installing new ones refused to run correctly. I knew before my accident that I had carburator issues that were getting worse with time..but figured I could rebuild them pretty much anytime..a decision that I regretted now. So last week I purchased a rebuilt set from one of our fine members and slowly went to work sorting out all of those issues that crop up over time...especially time in which a vehicle is not used. So yesterday after installing my carbs, oil and filter change, replacing a starter that self destructed, and replacing fuel lines and vent lines, then changing out all my rubber rope for the tops...I was able to do something I had dreamed of for over a year..TO ACTUALLY START..AND DRIVE MY PINZ!!!!....I dont think there anything more satisfying ( except for things done in the bedroom) than hearing the sound of that pinz tearing through the woods..that old familiar sound of the gears as I climbed steep embankments with such ease and mechanical grace....Ahhh yes I dreamed of this day so many, many times while I hobbled around on crutches...and the reality far exceeded the expectations of a soul stirred by the sight, sounds and smells of green metal. I am back now!!!!!!......always take time to smell the roses, tell someone how much they mean to you...and try not to putoff those things that make you happy...tomorrow is promised to no one.
life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which one you might get

710M
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Re: After a long hiatus......finally!!!!

Post by EmbarkChief »

Congrats on getting back in the saddle!!! I bet that is a great feeling. :mrgreen:
-1972 710M
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Very glad to hear that you and your Pinz are back enjoying each other again! It's amazing the things that can deteriorate on the Pinz just from lack of regular use.
Keep it moving! 8)
Cheers!
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

Welcome back!!

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck
1987 718M Now Sold
1975 Volvo TGB1111 Now Sold
1973 Pinzgauer 712M x2 Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
Pinzgauer Pete

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

Thank you so much guys...I appreciate it....well today I got her registered and legal for the road..so of course I immediately threw plates on....grabbed my new riding partner..a white german shepherd I rescued from a local shelter and hit the road. My daughter came back home from Cali for a visit...and I asked if she wanted to ride...are you kidding Dad? a ride in the Pinz? come get me right now!!!...a perfect day is what I would call it...and the weekend is here...I can hardly wait till tomorrow..I have alot of catching up to do!
life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which one you might get

710M
andy

Post by andy »

I know how you feel. I took a year off to go truck driving and my 710 and 712 were both kaput when I quit. Got the 712, inspected, registered, and insured again, and am having a ball with it in the Big Bend desert area of Texas.

My poor 710 needs to be resurrected though.
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com