Would you rent your pinzgauer?

All things not relating to the other forums.
audiocontr
United States of America

Would you rent your pinzgauer?

Post by audiocontr »

https://classicsandexotics.com/

which brings the sharing economy into the car enthusiast’s garage, allowing classic and exotic car enthusiasts to offset their ownership costs by renting their cars to prescreened, highly qualified candidates.

Ford invested in this start up earlier in the year. Would you ever consider renting your pinzgauer in this type of arrangement?
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
krick3tt

Re: Would you rent your pinzgauer?

Post by krick3tt »

No. You can buy it.
Last edited by krick3tt on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
CentAr712
United States of America

Post by CentAr712 »

If we were talking about renting out something like an antique sedan, yes, but a Pinz, no way; I can just see every single person who rents it abusing it out of ignorance. The care required for a Pinz is beyond what a renter would be willing to put into it in my opinion. This is not to mention that many people believe that it's not only acceptable to do stupid things in a 4x4, but expected; not in my Pinz, no way.
Chris.
https://www.supanik.com/pinz
'76 712M Rapier Cargo (Swiss), For Sale
'83 MB W460 280GE G-Wagen, For Sale
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

I wouldn't even rent out my Subaru to "somebody", so no. Not in a million years.

Ford can afford to do that, and they've even got the motivation: demo and sell more cars.

How much would you have to charge, in order to cover a crashed Pinz, or grenaded clutch, not to mention a potential lawsuit from someone getting hurt or killed because some "highly qualified candidate" screwed up?

Virgin Galactic had some well-credentialled fellow at the helm of their VSS Enterprise rocket plane IIRC, and that didn't end up so well. (Although financially, they too can afford to do that.)

No thank you.

If someone really wants to drive my vehicle/s, then they need to buy them.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

If you have ever seen what people do to rental jeeps, there is no way you would let an unsupervised individual take your pinz. People seem to think that because it is 4x or 6x military vehicle that it is indestructible. The mentality that "I paid to use this vehicle so I can do with it as I please" is just too common place. Not many respect others property in the same manner as an owner.
Another issue for me is my truck is almost always on an adventure with me so there would be no time for more use.
crcpinz

Post by crcpinz »

Can't understand the reason to do it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1976 710K
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000163282080
pinzgauerpete

Post by pinzgauerpete »

NOPE..NO WAY...I wont even let my friends drive my Pinz...oh yeah..they can drive IN IT...but never drive it!!!...at one time we signed up to allow movie studios to use classic cars that we owned in period movies, after a car came back missing almost impossible to find interior trim and stains on the upholstery we decided the disadvantages exceeded the gains
GRCameron
United States of America

Post by GRCameron »

No, just as they can't rent my guns or my wife. I can introduce them to businesses who will sell them either a Pinz or a gun. Wives are another matter :)
George Cameron
Yarnell, AZ
1979 Pinz 710M
Molon Labe
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Wives...check Craig's list. Pinzgauers...check Ebay or one of the sponsors.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford