Wanted - Haflinger or Pinzgauer in the Northeast

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
MB300GD

Wanted - Haflinger or Pinzgauer in the Northeast

Post by MB300GD »

I am looking to buy a Haflinger or Pinzgauer here in the Northeast. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
MB300GD

Follow- up question

Post by MB300GD »

Does anyone know of a Pinzgauer or Haflinger in the Northeast - even if not for sale? I would like to see a 710M troop carrier in person or Haflinger in person.

I am trying to replace my MB 300GD cabriolet. I hear the Haflinger gives the "most smiles on 4-wheels" but I think I need the people carrying capacity of the Pinz.

The main purpose for the vehicle is to run around the back roads of New England.

Thanks in advance
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Be a little more specific on your location. Knowing a city and state helps zero-in on the region..... also if you put it in your profile, it also makes it easier for someone to diagnose a problem, that could be climate related, once you find a vehicle.

Dave
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
MB300GD

WTB

Post by MB300GD »

Thanks Dave,

I stated New England because it is a small enough geography that anywhere in New England is only a few hour drive - and easy for a day trip to go look at at Pinz of Haflinger

But to be specific anywhere in the Northeast is fine (ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, NJ, NY, CT, RI or PA).

Thanks again
David Dunn
United States of America

Re: WTB

Post by David Dunn »

I can't think of any Haffy owners that far north ( I'm sure there is, and don't remember :? ), but there are several Pinzes in NY, NJ, PA, MA , plus a Pinz dealer in eastern Canada, and another that has them sometimes in RI.
Join the Yahoo Haffy group ( if you haven't already), it gets a lot more posting than here.

Also, for a Pinz, try posting that you are looking in the 'General Chat" also.... some Pinz owners don't venture into the "Haffy World "

LibTimothy
United States of America

Northeast

Post by LibTimothy »

MB300GD,

I live in Corning NY and I have a 712M (NOT for sale - at any price). In Corning there are three Pinzs, my 712 and two 710's. I'm sure we could arrange a ride.

There is a dealer in Hudson NH. When I was looking I went over there and looked over his inventory. I can't find the link right now, but he was called NorthEast Off Road or something like that. He had two 712s but a bunch of 710's.

I've never seen a Haflinger live so can't help you there.

Timothy
When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail.
MB300GD

Post by MB300GD »

Thanks Dave and Timothy -

I am in Rochester NY often so getting over to Corming is a snap. I would like to track down the guy in Hudson NH - as that is quite close. There was a Haflinger in ME that sold on ebay last year for $5,400 (if I recall). I do think that a Pinzgauer 710 troop carrier is going to be right for me as I like to carry friends and family around the back roads of New England -

Thanks again
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Given "equal" quality and condition, a 710M will be cheaper to purchase than a Haffy. A good quality Haffy is going for a small fortune, and difficult to find. A fixer upper can be a fortune in parts

MB300GD

Just bought Pinzgauer

Post by MB300GD »

Thanks for all the help. I just bought a 1974 710M today. It just had a complete mechanical service and there is very very minor rust. It does need new wooden rub rails - should I have them made or buy?

Oddly enough it was 15 miles from my house.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

You can go over to the Pinz topics now.... other than the badge, they have nothing in common with the Haffies.

If you do a search on rub rails, it will bring up a lot of different threads on the topic, and if you want to make custom ones, there are plenty of ideas too.
The original idea of wood was that they are sacrificial if you hit something.

Congrats on your purchase.