Got it in :D - now I have to power her up!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Glynn
ABSOLUTSECURITY

Post by ABSOLUTSECURITY »

I like this photo loading aspect of the FORUM!!!!!! LOL! :shock: :D

Glynn
todds112

Post by todds112 »

Looks great! That should be nice and comffy. The ambulance box looks pretty thick! :shock:
1973 712M
ABSOLUTSECURITY

Thanks! I have to take it all off again to run 12 ga wire to power it - I was going to use the wire from the dome light but its 18 ga or close to it and that just wont work :cry: - lucky enough there is a chase/conduit that the dome light wire runs thru and I will just pull 3 new 12 ga cunductors thru there! :D

I will post pics of the re-wire also.

The box should be the coldest thing around - that is fiberglass/foam/fiberglass and its like an Igloo!!!!!!!! :wink:

Next two double pane insulated windows go in - one per side!!!!!

Glynn
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

The step by step process by which you successfully add air conditioning to your truck should be of great interest to every K or AMB owner on the forum.

I noticed those bada$$ headlights too! :P
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
ka

Post by ka »

glynn - could i get the location of your pix? i'd love to have full res versions of those!!!! my heart jumped when i saw that truck...
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
ABSOLUTSECURITY

ka wrote:glynn - could i get the location of your pix? i'd love to have full res versions of those!!!! my heart jumped when i saw that truck...
I will email them to you later ok!!!!!!!!!!

G
ABSOLUTSECURITY

ka wrote:glynn - could i get the location of your pix? i'd love to have full res versions of those!!!! my heart jumped when i saw that truck...
I will email them to you later ok!!!!!!!!!!

or you can go to photobucket and go to my account absolutsecurity

G
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

So, Glynn, what did you run into when you cut into the box (besides fiberglass and foam)? Did you hit any metal framework, and if so, aluminum or steel?

Thanks,

Jim M.
712W (hence the question) and 710M
ABSOLUTSECURITY

Wide open fiberglass/foam/fiberglass - I looked inside and eyeballed where I would want it then got up on the roof and positioned a full size template of the AC unit footprint on the roof and figured where I wanted that and pretty much hit it spot on - I took out the dome light that intended to use its wiring for the power to the AC (wire is 18ga so I have to run 12 ga) Everything worked out nice just a itty bit of the dome light cavity not covered by the inside cover maybe an 1/8 inch showing - I have to take the inside trim and mechanism down and pull the 12 ga into the heater space form the dome light cavity and then I can mount and wire in the Inverter.

I will take pics and post as I go!!!!!!

G
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Looks good... heat pump?

Are you installing a second set of batteries?
ka

Post by ka »

glynn - yes! please send full res of whatever! i have trouble accessing others' photobuckets accounts for some reason.
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
ABSOLUTSECURITY

Erik712m wrote:Looks good... heat pump?

Are you installing a second set of batteries?
Not a heat pump but heater element is installed so its a heater also!

I have 4 yellow top D31 optima batteries for house power that I will be installing just under the heater cabinet area in the valley of the bed I think , I have to figure a little more- that should be a nice battery bank for house power. :D

G
karoja

Post by karoja »

Nice! What brand of A/C is that?
Karl
http://www.monkeybaymarina.com
712 Camper / 710 M
Jon_Gilbart

Looks great!

Post by Jon_Gilbart »

That looks really cool--I also would like to know the brand of the A/C unit you have there. I have a 712M, and have been thinking about buying an ambulance box and doing a similar thing w/ the A/C and heater.

Not to hi-jack your thread, but I've also been thinking of how to increase the headroom in the ambulance so that I can stand up straight. It would be pretty neat to turn it into a camper, and the A/C goes a LONG way to making that a reality. I was thinking of trying to section the box all the way around and add some sort of a soft tent-like section in the middle and use hydraulics to jack up the top when I want to. I'd like to keep the height as low as possible when using it off-road to keep the center of gravity low and not have to worry about banging the high top on every tree branch. This is probably just a pipe dream, though, as I don't have the time or skills (or garage space for that matter) to tackle that project by myself right now...