Damn Geico canceled my insurnace

All things not relating to the other forums.
Picasso

Damn Geico canceled my insurnace

Post by Picasso »

Went and did a trade with Scott at E.I. for my 710k for a 712 repair truck. When I went to exchange cars with my insurance I got this good news.

"We have received your request to add a 1973 Pinzgauer to your policy. I apologize, but we do not offer coverage for this type of vehicle. We do recommend speaking with a broker that offers coverage for specialty vehicles."

I've had my 710k with them going on four years. Guess it's time to find another.

Just attempted to go with hagerty.com....ooops I said I take it off road now and again. Those guys dont want to hear that at all.
Scottie
United States of America

Insurance woes

Post by Scottie »

I tried Geiko, Americanfamily, Progresive and several others whos names I forget. The only mainstream company that I found that would insure mine is Allstate.

Scottie.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Progressive will do Pinzgauers and C303's but Ive only ever had liability coverage on my rare 4x4's.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

krick3tt

insurance for pinz

Post by krick3tt »

Farmers...
JC

Post by JC »

I had GEICO insurance for several years on my 712M. They must have had a policy change about 2 years ago and they canceled my insurance on my 712M because of the 6 wheels. So dropped all my coverage 3 cars and my home and put it all in Progressive. GEICO did not like that I canceled the other items but what do they expect. I still get phone calls and letters from GEICO letting me know that it would be a good time to come back. I doubt it.

P.S. When they called to cancel I let the guy know on the phone that it was just like a hummer and they insure hummers, he apologized and said there is nothing he can do about it. and said good bye and probably thought he hung up the phone. I could hear him in the background making fun of me and my vehicle and how stupid I am, his coworkers were laughing then the call was disconnected. To say I was mad at GEICO is an understatement. Hell I still am.
Keep Smiling :-)
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Progressive...easy, fast and reasonably priced.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
russ

Post by russ »

I will never do business with GEICO even though I like the cave man commercials. In the 80s they sent out a questionnaire which among other things asked what type of radar detector you had and if you liked it. If you answered that you had one you were dropped.
If you didn't get stuck, you didn't try hard enough.
'74 710K

1984 in 2009