Finished.....710K before and after

All things not relating to the other forums.
David Dunn
United States of America

Re: Finished.....710K before and after

Post by David Dunn »

What he is referring to is that when you pull down from the front pintle, the front clip of the Pinz can bend forward and down, releasing the front doors.
The 710/12s do not have safety latches that will keep the doors closed in case of a collision.
When I sold my 712 (many,many moons ago :lol: ), the flat bed driver put tension on the front pintle to compress the suspension and both front door popped open like air brakes on a P47 :roll: . That is why I advocate using the outriggers, or through the steering cutout in the front extension.
Later 716/18s all have tiedown loops on the outriggers at the body mounts and on the front extension.

Ks are more difficult to have this happen because of the roof structure.
M&J, your tying the fronts at a angle rather than straight forward also reduces the amount of tension that can be exerted by hand.

AC, I had noticed it too, but let him slide because of the last 2 factors. :wink: :lol: :lol:

And for anyone that doesn't believe it, check all the gaps around the your doors, and read Miles' thread on his truck rebuild , and on how he re-straighten the front clip alignment.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Did you paint that with the Krylon camo green? I use the stuff for touchups, but was contemplating doing an entire respray with it once I do a bit of body work......looks great!
1972 710m
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

David Dunn wrote:And for anyone that doesn't believe it, check all the gaps around the your doors, and read Miles' thread on his truck rebuild , and on how he re-straighten the front clip alignment.
That's a different post from the rebuild and can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4258

Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

OK, I'm old, and didn't get the thread right... but I do have moments of being lucid. :roll:

I'll probably end up being one those heads in a jar on Futurama...watch for me, I'll be the one with a bag over it. :twisted:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
muttandjeeps

Post by muttandjeeps »

Krylon camo green it was, and their black for the trim. I found (was informed) that the trick with this paint is:
1. Shake the hell out of it
2. Keep the truck dry for about a week to let the paint cure.

Have followed both "rules" on the last two trucks, with very good results.

On transporting, I 'snug" the chains, and have never had the door issue, with 710's or the few 712's I have moved for my brother, with over 2k miles of glorious Pinz transport under my belt :lol: . I guess the trick would be not cranking the sh*t out of the chains. I am not a professional Pinz mover, but DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express once...
1990 Puch "G"
1974 710M
1982 712A - The farm truck (moved to Montana)
1971 710K (moved to Mass)
1975 710M (moved to VA)
1974 710M
1975 TGB 1111 x2
1980 Unimog U1300