How to jack up a 712M when I want to remove 2 tires ?

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
Haf-e
United States of America

Re: How to jack up a 712M when I want to remove 2 tires ?

Post by Haf-e »

I posted a couple of pictures and comments over in the "Owner builds, customizations & accessories" section for those who are interested.
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com
JNijst
Netherlands

Post by JNijst »

Gents,

Thanks very much for replying !
I usually get notice someone has replied, but not this time, so late in responding.

The powder-coat is sandblasting first, then zinc covered to prevent rust, then a coat of special paint applied electronically and baked on at 350 degrees celcius.
The advantage is that you can drive through anything and have it come off with a little water. The lugs are left as they are - blackish - I have not seen them rust yet...

My main worry is to have the front or back end jacked up and when the wheels come off the ground, that it would be pretty unstable, being only supported on the differential box.
I certainly won't climb in... I think I will just start with two wheels, front or back and a piece of wood to prevent damage to the diff-box

Thanks again for the replies

Jules
Pinz of rock - 710M / 1975 (Austrian Army)
63rover
Canada

Post by 63rover »

2 -5 ton axle stands were my first Pinz related upgrade for my shop. Better safe than sorry, They can fit close enough to the standard jack to remove it safely.