Who did the Texas Gambler 500?

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Who did the Texas Gambler 500?

Post by EmbarkChief »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHCkKk6m0 ... e=youtu.be

1:38

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-1972 710M
Merrick
United States of America

Re: Who did the Texas Gambler 500?

Post by Merrick »

I was there with my 712FAL as a support vehicle (drive ahead of my buddy's $100 Exploder and pull him out if need be). It was great folks, a lot of fun, Very cold (for me, freezing, mist & wind) and BYO everything... including porta-potty. That said, the guys at Rally Ready knew what they were doing and worked well with what they had.

The offload courses were fun with some very challenging muddy & tight bits with holes. The hand throttle I fixed a month ago was very nice to have on one slope I had to back out of. I never got stuck but I did muscle through some stuff I should have finessed a bit better and I did get some under steer with back lockers on in the mud and power steering would have been nice... though I didn't plow into that tree like my buddy did. =)

I skipped the road rally part to go into town BBQ and a nap in the afternoon (beer'up) but hear it was fun.

I'll be back next year!!
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Post by EmbarkChief »

Sounds awesome. Where was it? Looked like Hill Country.
-1972 710M
aclark79
United States of America

Post by aclark79 »

I'm planning on going to the Oregon Gambler 500 as a support vehicle. Pretty excited!
Merrick
United States of America

Post by Merrick »

The Tx Gambler 500 was in Lockheart at Rally Ready driving school.

If you get the chance to go to one, check it out. Don't expect much but the people make it great fun.