Dorotheum Auctions Results May 2018

All things not relating to the other forums.
boeing7873
Argentina

Dorotheum Auctions Results May 2018

Post by boeing7873 »

I just came back from the second Dorotheum auction in Austria this year. Went last April, the truck I wanted, a 712K, went for Euro17.5K + 22% auction fee!!!! The truck was nice but definitely not in my price range. Yesterday, May 8, two more 712Ks went for 16K and 17.5K again, but these were not as nice as the first one, so even less of a good buy. These had minor but noticeable waved roofs (heavy soldiers walking on them?) and much more rust in the underside, with little left of the black coat protection. Also more rust chances under the fairly recent paint.
It is difficult to understand why they are going for so much in the state they are.
Jerome
CRJ Driver
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Dorotheum Auctions Results May 2018

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Thanks for the info. This goes along with what I've been saying lately. The days of deals on rare 4x4's have surely ended. The golden age was the late 90's to about 2013 or so, it seems to me. The Volvo's are now getting (or asking) $15K for a 303, in Sweden! Gwagens with rust are even going for $12K in Europe.

In the past, most trucks were under $10K, 712's included. 303's used to be $6000 for a nice one.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

steyr92
Austria

Post by steyr92 »

from what i've heard are the vehicles from the dorotheum "scrap" because the bundesheer is selling vehicles with an unknown 3000€ damage and its not worth for them to repair it. a friend of mine got one of these...outside pretty god shape but now struggeling with rust , clutch and diff problems :(
pinzi
Belgium

Post by pinzi »

Yep its all the leftovers they sell so you never know what you are going to get . Mostly your in at least 5000 Euro's to get them driving Again . Brokken diffs, gearboxes ,transfercases....and so on are no exceptions with these pinzgauers. :oops:
off-road until i die