Hagerty insurance

All things not relating to the other forums.
GadgetPhreak
United States of America

Re: Hagerty insurance

Post by GadgetPhreak »

I use All State. No restrictions. Reasonable rate.
King County Search & Rescue | Regional Special Vehicles Unit
1972 710M - Building up for SAR use
Follow my build, learn more, or contact me: http://www.sarpinz.com
Wyothing
United States of America

Post by Wyothing »

I got a call from Hagerty. I told them I had coverage elsewhere but they wanted to talk to me anyway. They had reviewed all my conversations and had listened to the phone calls and felt that they need to look more into insuring Pins's. The guy was great. He said they are working on classification because off road means rock crawling to some and dirt roads to others. He wants to be able to provide coverage to folks without the hassles. I thought it was pretty good of them to follow up and try and get a better understanding of what these vehicles are and how they can cover them with less confusion.

So, as I have already said, if you are with Hagerty good for you. If not, they may be a better option in the future and we shouldn't count them out.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Im not clear if you're insuring as a classic car, or looking for standard vehicle insurance?

Progressive's classic car is through Hagerty here in Michigan, and back in Virginia. Just like all classic car insurance, its designed for short joy rides, parade and show usage. I currently have my pinzgauer, haflingers, mini and vette through Hagerty. I primarily insure for additional coverage in the case that something happens to the garage, as they spend 99% of their lives in the garage. =(
Five vehicles cost me less than $700/yr.

Hagerty is not an option had i asked for usage beyond the above. I do not submit off road damage through an insurance claim... its the price you pay to play

Are you SURE you will use your Pinzgauer as much as you anticipate? The new car smell does die off pretty quickly. Might I advise classic car insurance until you actually do drive more than allowed, and then switch?
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
GadgetPhreak
United States of America

Post by GadgetPhreak »

Wyothing wrote:I went back to USAA and they connected me to a division of Progressive and they finally covered me with full coverage and no limits whatsoever. They matched my coverage on my other vehicles. The price was very good and I am happy. But Progressive had rejected me the first time also.
Can you look at the vehicle description on your insurance card and tell me how it shows up? I am in the process of switching over to USAA and want to be prepared.

On State Farm mine shows up as
Year 1972
Make STEYR
Model PINZGAUER

Thank you!
Ben
King County Search & Rescue | Regional Special Vehicles Unit
1972 710M - Building up for SAR use
Follow my build, learn more, or contact me: http://www.sarpinz.com
AZ_Mike
United States of America

Another Hagerty Reject

Post by AZ_Mike »

48 years old, spotless record. More cars than drivers in household. 2000 mile limit. They said offroading is a unaceptable risk. Where to now?

Mike
New owner of Swiss 1975 712AMB.
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

I never mention off-roading. I have it with State Farm as a farm truck.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

With Hagerty your vehicle is supposed to be in a locked garage. The Pinz can't sit outside on a normal basis, but that goes for any classic they insure. I'm lucky to have a garage that the Pinz can fit in.
Derrickbwg
United States of America

Post by Derrickbwg »

I told Hagerty the Pinz's were kept outside, they said no problem. This is how they list it on the dec pages.
They knew Pinzgauers and were glad to write them. Asked if they were used offroad and I said yes. Their response was that's fine but collision coverage is excluded for offroad damage.
The policy dec pages do not exclude that...only racing and certain events are excluded(unless I'm missing something).

Premiums are annual.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
1975 710K
1974 710M
2018 G63