712 M For sale

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
Mark Mitchell
United States of America

712 M For sale

Post by Mark Mitchell »

1973 Pinzgauer 712 M FOR SALE
13641695787206_1_med.jpg
13641695787206_1_med.jpg (597.18 KiB) Viewed 7713 times
Insulated top made by Techno Top GmbH (Ch-8121) Benglen, Switzerland. Very rare accessory. Has 3 roof ventilation hatches.

Registered California vehicle. No rust, garaged. No oil leaks.

Stock motor with shielded ignition, Petronic.

Two Optima batteries, 26 months old. On-board marine quality two circuit battery charger.

New BFG All Terrain tires, less than 3 k miles. Two original Sempirite spare tires, one mounted on wheel on rear door, other unmounted.

Seats 14. Seat belts for 12. Stock folding benches that convert to flat cargo floor.

Modern electronic speedo in miles/hour. Original speedo included. Electronic tach.

Stock door locks and ignition are fully functional. Locking fuel filler cap. Two sets of keys.

Stock hardwood rub rails on sides. Re-installed after above photo was taken.

Upgraded headlights. Reflective spare tire cover. Trailer hitch, rear step, stock tools and manuals.

Many spare parts included, filters, body paint.

Truck lives in Borrego Springs, Ca. Can be brought to San Diego.

Asking $29,500
Attachments
Sail boat type hatch for ventilation
Sail boat type hatch for ventilation
Image.jpg (81.58 KiB) Viewed 7426 times
Techno-Top, headliner, carpet
Techno-Top, headliner, carpet
IMG_2128.jpeg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 7427 times
Last edited by Mark Mitchell on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
4Beast
United States of America

Re: 712 M For sale

Post by 4Beast »

http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... =5&t=11619 Why didn't you just bump this thread? I'm sure people would be interested in more pictures.
Mark Mitchell
United States of America

Post by Mark Mitchell »

I'm a novice on this sight. What is bumping a thread, and how do you do it? I did modify the text some.
I felt quite lucky to get one photo into the entry. I'd be happy to add some more. What's reasonable, three or four more?

Thanks for the suggestions,
m3
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Mark,
To "bump" a thread is simply to add a reply to an existing thread, such as your previous want-ad. By adding a reply, you "bump" the thread back to the beginning of the list of threads. That makes everyone get a "new post" notice, and they'll look at it anew!
It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport. Fridjof Nansen
I hope to die in my ski boots... ...just not today. Me
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Hi Mark,
I'm surprised this hasn't sold, knowing how you and the previous owner take care of your vehicles.

For additional pics, focus more on the Techno top (inside and out), as few people have ever seen one, or even know what it is. After that, pics of anything out of the ordinary.
Do you have any of the original "M" soft top ?

Be patient, it'll probably be May before the serious Pinz buyer comes out of hibernation. :wink: Good luck
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Mark Mitchell
United States of America

Post by Mark Mitchell »

Thanks, David.
A complete set of the metal frame (bows) for the original soft top is also included. No actual canvas top.

I'll get a photo of the inside of the Techno top soon and post it. We installed a nice soft headliner in the entire top, including the cab. That makes it much quieter and moderates temperature extremes too. We carpeted the floor as well - more insulation. Makes cleaning it out easy - just pull out the entire carpet and vacuum or shake it out. Ruffing it while wheeling is great, but improving creature comfort makes it much more elegant and usable.

m3
Mark Mitchell
United States of America

Post by Mark Mitchell »

David:

A few months ago you told me most people who buy vehicles like these get serious in the month of May. So I'm thinking, "David usually knows what he's talking about - we will see. But why May? Post Income tax refunds?" I've had a classified on the Expedition Portal site too, and been having some good responses. One guy from Washington State says he wants to buy it. In May. Apparently, you've got it right. We'll see if the deal goes through.

Ever been to the Overland Expo- West? Ft. Tuthill Park near Flagstaff, AZ.

m3
Kernman
United States of America

Post by Kernman »

Wanted to join this post as the guy from Washington State who loves having this 712M. It was a wonderful experience meeting Mark and being able to also meet Andre from Fat Fabrications at Expo West in Flagstaff. What a great trip from there up to Washington also. Must have went up and over a dozen mountain passes on the back highways. Look forward to picking everyones brain on this new vehicle.
Kernman
United States of America

Post by Kernman »

Wanted to join this post as the guy from Washington State who loves having this 712M. It was a wonderful experience meeting Mark and being able to also meet Andre from Fat Fabrications at Expo West in Flagstaff. What a great trip from there up to Washington also. Must have went up and over a dozen mountain passes on the back highways. Look forward to picking everyones brain on this new vehicle.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Congratulations. I’ve known Mark and the previous owner of that Pinz since 2005. Though I haven’t seen that one personally, Both are meticulous on the care of their vehicles.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
pohlease

Post by pohlease »

Mark did this sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Yes it did. I met the new owner at Overland Expo on his way home with it.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com