My front seat quest

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Derrickbwg
United States of America

My front seat quest

Post by Derrickbwg » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:41 am

I looked at and tried many seat options for the pinz and just wasnt thrilled about any of them. Too big, looking out of place, no offroad support...all issues that kind of irked me.

I found that PRP makes a seat for the Manx or buggy type vehicles called the roadster. Comes in 3 different configurations (lowback, highback) and tons of material options.

Its 19" wide

The lowback seat looks very similar to stock pinz seats and with all the color /material options you could get a fairly stock look. The have a great site that lets you pick colors on seat,trim and thread and you can instantly view the seat in your configuration.

Ive just tacked it in to try on stock lower frame using some rail adapters. head to roll bar bumper height is same as stock, but the side is quite a bit higher. IRemoving the tabs from seat and welding straight tube-to-tube (seat frame to lower tube frame) would help in lowering that height. Its not bad at all for me but i'm only 170lbs so its hardly noticeable. If you slide the seat all the way to the rear it helps clearing the side on entry. It does not fold or recline but its so light it comes out with ease and clears the steering wheel easily. I dont think it will fit well in my k with the heater due to the reclined angle of seat back.

Its super comfortable and the side bolsters keep you planted in the seat very well, I think it will be fantastic off road.

They are a little pricey but the comfort and fit in the cab are worth it imo.
prp.jpg
prp.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 274 times
Last edited by Derrickbwg on Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
1975 710K
1974 710M
2018 G63

Derrickbwg
United States of America

Re: My front seat quest

Post by Derrickbwg » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:47 am

some more
prp3.jpg
prp3.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 271 times
1975 710K
1974 710M