Bosch Numbers on Side of PUMP?

Engine issues go here.
roboto
Australia

Bosch Numbers on Side of PUMP?

Post by roboto »

Hello guys from Australia

I am having issues with my diesel 718 imported from Malaysia. I think I am the only one here in West Oz that has one, and no-one really wants to look at it. There are also hardly any VW 2.4L engines in Australia as well, so not much experience.

Depsite spending a lot of money at a diesel mechanic to no avail, I cannot solve a problem where the Pinz wont build power in High to even drive over a small block of wood, or reverse up my driveway. If i shift to Low, no problem. The take off also if very slow. Its like it wont build revs quick enough. Mechanic here has rebuilt turbo, pump etc, checked injectors but its now worse than it was when i took it there and he is blaming the trans. The auto trans seems fine, shifts fine, finds gears fine etc.

After reading the manuuals and info on D24T it seems to me like something is wrong with the pump or the pump timing. I noticed that the timing wheel for injector pump wasnt done up as tight as it should be so I am thinking it may have slipped when they did the timing, suggesting they didnt really know what they are doing. It seems like the 2.4 really needs to be done up super tight!!

I have spoken to another pump expert and he is suggesting that there is no way the pump could have been rebuilt and tuned properly without the Bosch numbers on the side of the pump. These are missing from my pump. Could anyone enlighten me as to what they should be? He is refusing to look at it unless I give them to him.

I want to start again, from scratch, so any advice would be appreciated!

thanks LM
Joeri
Belgium

Re: Bosch Numbers on Side of PUMP?

Post by Joeri »

First picture is from the original TD pinzgauer tech. Book
Second picture is of the original D24 pinzgauer engine/ dieselpump that was in mine 716k

Hope this helpt.
udo
Germany

Post by udo »

Oh...i think there is another TD (first) one in OZ :) :)
Best regards from germany
Udo
Joeri
Belgium

Post by Joeri »

Was the info any usefull ?
sealan
Malaysia

Post by sealan »

Hi, I am from Malaysia

The Fuel Pump is BOSCH VE6/10F2250L614 Type number: 0 460 406 078

I am also looking for the Calibration Chart for this pump to be able to send it for proper calibration since this is exotic.

Attached is the pict I took of my pump.
Attachments
Pinz Fuel Pump.jpg
Pinz Fuel Pump.jpg (201.65 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
Curry Pinz - Pinzgauer 718M 6x6 on 33" tyres
CurryLux - Toyota Hilux with SAS on 35" tyres