Reenforced Aluminum Sand Ladders

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
Adventurewagon
United States of America

Reenforced Aluminum Sand Ladders

Post by Adventurewagon »

Hello all. I am considering becoming a distributor for these amazing sand ladders. This post is to gauge interest in them before I bite the bullet.
These are reenforced so they don’t bend.
Specs
Roughly 5’x16”
Weight 9.5kg each track.
Sold in pairs
$475 plus shipping. Image[/img]
Attachments
C8A4D8E7-5B6C-482F-AC9A-C9DE65D00516.jpeg
C8A4D8E7-5B6C-482F-AC9A-C9DE65D00516.jpeg (502.1 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
BF6F1164-FC59-4062-B592-18545A9447E0.jpeg
BF6F1164-FC59-4062-B592-18545A9447E0.jpeg (368.42 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
Mr Zero
United States of America

Re: Reenforced Aluminum Sand Ladders

Post by Mr Zero »

As someone who uses sand ladders regularly my impression is that though that product appears to be of high quality, they are both too heavy and too expensive. The numerous plastic sand ladders available allow you to carry twice as many ladders at a fraction of the weight and less than half the price. Even if you do need to replace 1 or 2 of the plastic ladders every few years they're easier to work with due to the lesser weight. The aluminum ladders that you're presenting look like a good option for someone who wants a lasting quality item for infrequent use.

My 2¢.
Jason @battlebornpinzgauer
[1975 Pinzgauer 710K 2.7L EFI, 1972 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder]
rmel
United States of America

Post by rmel »

Kind'a with Mr. Zero on this one.

As a sand ladder there are cheaper and useful alternatives such as Maxtrac.

As a bridge it just does not look robust enough. The manufactures WEB site
here https://sandladder.net/, I think the test kind'a shows this would be
a bit dicey as a bridge.

I went with Fibergratting, 2" x 12" x 48" and spec'd for heavy loads, e.g.
0.3" deflection with a point load of 1,000 lbs. failure at higher loading.
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

These look like nice versions of that overall design but I'm with them. Weight and material type is a huge factor when it comes to safety and ease of handling. 40 lbs under your arm when you are on a steep 30-degree trail, with mud, loose shale, sand or boulders under your feet, becomes really tough to deal with. I've also seen tests that prove the traction you get on these is pretty poor when compared to the plastic versions. They are a little like steel cable on winches- Sure there are specific moments where it might be better but synthetic rope is overwhelmingly easier to live with, way safer, much less fatiguing and is becoming far stronger.

Personally I'd only go for one of three brands. Maxtrax (Aus. made), Tred-Pro (what I carry, Aus. made) and the new Action Trax (USA made with special Dupont polymer). The rest are all Chinese copies made of cheaper plastic and not worth investing in if you plan to actually use them, not to mention, more crap from China!
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Adventurewagon
United States of America

Post by Adventurewagon »

Mr Zero wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:48 am As someone who uses sand ladders regularly my impression is that though that product appears to be of high quality, they are both too heavy and too expensive. The numerous plastic sand ladders available allow you to carry twice as many ladders at a fraction of the weight and less than half the price. Even if you do need to replace 1 or 2 of the plastic ladders every few years they're easier to work with due to the lesser weight. The aluminum ladders that you're presenting look like a good option for someone who wants a lasting quality item for infrequent use.

My 2¢.
I respect your opinion.
Adventurewagon
United States of America

Post by Adventurewagon »

rmel wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:10 am Kind'a with Mr. Zero on this one.

As a sand ladder there are cheaper and useful alternatives such as Maxtrac.

As a bridge it just does not look robust enough. The manufactures WEB site
here https://sandladder.net/, I think the test kind'a shows this would be
a bit dicey as a bridge.

I went with Fibergratting, 2" x 12" x 48" and spec'd for heavy loads, e.g.
0.3" deflection with a point load of 1,000 lbs. failure at higher loading.
What you are seeing is the non reenforced product.
The 5’ reenforced version is rated at a gap of 1meter and 4 tons.
It would be impossible to bridge with plastic.
Adventurewagon
United States of America

Post by Adventurewagon »

VinceAtReal4x4s wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:56 pm These look like nice versions of that overall design but I'm with them. Weight and material type is a huge factor when it comes to safety and ease of handling. 40 lbs under your arm when you are on a steep 30-degree trail, with mud, loose shale, sand or boulders under your feet, becomes really tough to deal with. I've also seen tests that prove the traction you get on these is pretty poor when compared to the plastic versions. They are a little like steel cable on winches- Sure there are specific moments where it might be better but synthetic rope is overwhelmingly easier to live with, way safer, much less fatiguing and is becoming far stronger.

Personally I'd only go for one of three brands. Maxtrax (Aus. made), Tred-Pro (what I carry, Aus. made) and the new Action Trax (USA made with special Dupont polymer). The rest are all Chinese copies made of cheaper plastic and not worth investing in if you plan to actually use them, not to mention, more crap from China!
The maxtrax extreme are 40lbs
Action and Tred pro are 18-20 and pair. They will not bridge.
These aluminum reenforced at 5’ are rated for 1 meter gap at 4 tons.
Adventurewagon
United States of America

Post by Adventurewagon »

Mr_p016 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:32 am I'm new here and I hope I'm welcomed to this forum

Sent from my TECNO BD4h using Tapatalk
Welcome. Jump right in and let us know what you think about the sand ladders