Simple Mod - Mattock Mount

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Mr Zero
United States of America

Simple Mod - Mattock Mount

Post by Mr Zero »

It's been a bit quiet on the forum lately so I thought that I might begin to post some of the smaller mods I've done that others might find useful for themselves. During the build-out of my truck it was often small, useful and easily undertaken mods shared by others here that gave me a sense of progress between the larger projects. Anyway...

Once my shovel was relocated to the wheel well (Austrian config?) and having need for a place to mount a mattock I had a minor 'eureka!' moment. I found a German surplus mattock that had a head that would fit the space and voila! I fabricated a mount for the mattock head and tacked it to the bumper bracket (I'm sure there's a variety of creative ways that the head could be mounted), then mounted a factory shovel clamp to secure the handle. Obviously no rocket science here, but if you're not running you're shovel in the wheel well then you might not have considered how this space can be used for stowage.

Jason @battlebornpinzgauer
[1975 Pinzgauer 710K 2.7L EFI, 1972 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder]
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Simple Mod - Mattock Mount

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

You sure that wont hit on a hard flex or drop-off? Are those 255's?
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Mr Zero
United States of America

Re: Simple Mod - Mattock Mount

Post by Mr Zero »

VinceAtReal4x4s wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:08 am You sure that wont hit on a hard flex or drop-off? Are those 255's?
Plenty of aggressive driving and no tire contact with the mattock or shovel mounted in the wheel wells. I've been told that this is the standard shovel mounting location on Austrian 712s(?). Yes, 255/85.
Jason @battlebornpinzgauer
[1975 Pinzgauer 710K 2.7L EFI, 1972 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder]