SOS WI DOT Cancels ALL Pinz Titles!

All things not relating to the other forums.
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Hey Todd
Thanks for getting my vowels in order!
"N sorry Paul for putting the wind up you with volley ballclubs.
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Well I got the same letter today too. I'll be making calls on Monday.

Scooter
IA712

Post by IA712 »

I'm repeating information from another forum here. It appears that Wisconsin is out to eliminate all ex-military vehicles - not just Pinzgauers. Check out this link:
http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... c96f9b1f04
Good luck, and we need to stop this before it crosses the Mississippi,
Lloyd
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

IA712 wrote:I'm repeating information from another forum here. It appears that Wisconsin is out to eliminate all ex-military vehicles - not just Pinzgauers. Check out this link:
http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... c96f9b1f04
Good luck, and we need to stop this before it crosses the Mississippi,
Lloyd
wow, that's scary. It's not limited to Pinzgauers, the revoking and disallowing of new titles appears to be for any ex-military vehicle. I'm curious how a state government organization can legally enforce revoking the street legal status of a vehicle when no violation of law has happend.
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

They better be ready for a class action suit :shock: , Usually anything prior to a change in status is grandfathered in. Please post a scan of the letter and also post a copy to the MVPA on the G503 board as they have a vested interest in obtaining factual information on this subject.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Here is a copy of the letter I received today.

Scooter
Image[/list][/code]
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Yup, that's the letter. I haven't gottten one regarding my deuce and a half farm truck. Yet. I guess I'll just scrap 'em and buy a Prius. Yeah, I think that'll happen.
How're land prices out west, anyway?
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Duh, otay boss. I'll return my title to my $20,000 vehicle and submit to your obvious authority. Do they really expect anyone to do this? OMG...
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
todds112

Post by todds112 »

Wow! Bureaucratic Boneheads!! Wish I was closer we could get as many "legally registered" Pinz. mogs, m35's, etc etc and drive up and down in front of the Capitol. :evil:

Another idea, is there a local TV station there that has a trouble shooting feature? The media loves the "Gov't bashing the little guy stories". Those kinds of stories get results pretty quick. I'm sure the MVPA would have a great spokesman to go on camera (hopefully a WWII vet).
1973 712M
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Gents
I know this is all infuriating but you have to keep your cool, be very precise and calculating. In short use the law and legalease to beat these people at their own game.
Already I see an anomily (Made in Switzerland). That tells me we have an official(s) on our hands trying to make a name for themselves without doing too much research. (As is often the case)

The Ferret Scout Car debacle in Kansas as I recall wasn't about an armoured battle tank like vehicle but more about abstract features that it had such as driver vison etc. These all added up to red herring issues that were demolished by attornies. In short, "its gonna cost yu ol' mate"., but then standing up for your rights often costs those who have more to lose.

If you need professional automobile inspection paperwork to start building your "attack ammunition" that can be used to fire an opening salvo once the State has struck it's coloures come back to me. I can post something pertinent on the iATN professional auto tech network, thereby finding someone locally to help.
Best regards to those affected
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Dennis,

Thanks for the offer. I am sure we are in for a long fight.

Scooter
Scottie
United States of America

Count me in. I am close enough!

Post by Scottie »

[quote="todds112"]Wow! Bureaucratic Boneheads!! Wish I was closer we could get as many "legally registered" Pinz. mogs, m35's, etc etc and drive up and down in front of the Capitol. :evil:

Count me in. I am close enough!
I wonder if they will outlaw the ducks also?

Scottie
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

I have a hard time believing that our trucks are going to all of sudden become illegal and therefore valueless. My Pinzgauers are permitted and inspected yearly by both the state of Colorado and the US Forest Service. I hold a 5 year permit starting this year. The state inspectors love my tour trucks, they have a long record of passing the tests with flying colors! They would in breach of contract if they tried to take my trucks.

I'd like to see them try!
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I find it hard to believe there is a government entity more ignorant than the one in Washington, DC! California will NEVER get my Pinzgauer title, the vehicle will go into storage or be registered in Arizona first. I wonder if Old Cars magazine knows about this, they publish in Wisconsin.
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

As of 5 minutes ago, they do. Or rather they will if/when they open their emails. Thanks for the offer Dennis. That might prove to come in very useful if things get ugly out here. I'll keep people posted what happens here this week. Paul